Prayer Challenge Day 19

Setting my mind on Him:


Pray through Scripture:
  • Psalm 119:1-16
  • Philippians 2
  • Revelation 4:8-11

Confession:
  • Complacency - Shake me out of it, or it out of me, Lord!

Heart of Gratitude:
  • Psalm 119:7 - for continually transforming me. The more I know, the more I find to give thanks for.

Prayer burdens:
  • Me to be a more consistent vessel of God's love
  • My husband to make God honoring decisions
  • Kids' to glorify God in the way they live
  • Outreach to be free from distractions
  • My many friends and family who have experienced significant loss in the past six months. So many hurting, grieving, still figuring out how to do life with such a huge hole in it. Praying God would be their constant strength.

Response: 
Holiness is such a lofty goal. One that keeps me working each day. However, on my own I get no where with it. Christ in me, that great mystery, is the only capable vehicle for change and growth. I read the Bible to better recognize sin so I won't tolerate it. Holiness is the one attribute that the creatures around the throne in Revelation 4 cannot stop praising. It is what sets me apart from those around me as "good" as they may be. It's what sets me apart from who I used to be without Christ.

"Be Holy as I am Holy," God says in various places. That's something I need to start fresh at each day.

Holy God, each day Your Word digs a new stone out of the soil of my heart. Always more that needs to be turned over, removed, reworked. Thank you for having patience as my understanding grows. Let the words I study each morning remain as my light throughout each day. Use me to reach those around me for the sake of the gospel and I pray for genuine heart change in the people of this precious city you have placed us in. ~Amen

Comments

Popular Posts