Prayer Challenge Day 11

Setting my mind on Him:


Pray through Scripture: 
  • Psalm 46 and 47
  • Revelation 19

Confession: 


  • relying on emotions
 
Heart of Gratitude: 
  • Psalm 18:33 - Thank you for making my steps sure even on insecure footing

Prayer burdens: 
  • my future
  • husbands faith
  • Kids sound judgment
  • Clear words in sharing the gospel and God's love with others
  • More child sponsors for my friend's work in Uganda with http://batofoundation.org/ and https://raiseafricanchilduganda.com/

Response:
I love that the more I dig into God's Word, the deeper I get, the more I read, the more I hunger for more. It is an endless cycle of reading, meditating, growing, craving more. And yet, unfortunately, sometimes, often, the cycle does get interrupted. I skip a few days in His Word, my heart wanders, temptations creep in, life gets too busy or heavy. Instead of running back to it, the distractions somehow begin to seem insurmountable and more important and too demanding.

I wish that I could stay in this season of growth forever, but I know my old self will win again one day and I'll find myself back in the downward spiral of dryness, discouragement, skipped quiet times, focus on difficulties. But, God's grace will call me back again and forgive me for neglecting time with Him and we'll start stepping up again.

For now, I step on and make the most of each day, and guard against the straying step with every breath. Whatever the season I find myself in, my response needs to be to intentionally step closer instead of away and the fruit will follow.

Comments

Popular Posts