Renewed Prayer Challenge - Day 30

Setting my mind on Him:


Pray through Scripture:

Confession:
  • Discontent - when I look at circumstances and grumble instead of seeking God's purpose in the midst of it. I look with selfish discontent instead of humble service.

Heart of Gratitude:
  • Ephesians 5:20
  • giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Prayer burdens:
  • My purity- may my thoughts be refreshed and not allow impurity to linger
  • Husband's chance to rest, may he find it daily and weekly
  • Kids to be grateful and recognize the gifts God bestows each day
  • For people to find peace. That in the midst of fear and panic, more would turn to Christ for the answers to their daily and eternal concerns

Response: 

Even when I spend a lot of time in prayer, I rarely am consumed by it the way Daniel was. He grew exhausted from pouring himself out in prayer. How often is my prayer just a routine of running down a list, checking off that I asked for God's wisdom in that situation, and healing for this, and provision for that. How often do I collapse under the weight of sin, owning the corporate failings of our nation or community.

Lord God, to You alone, I lift up my soul. You alone are worthy of my trust. Help me to know You more intimately and follow You more closely. Your pathways are lovingkindness and truth. Thank you for securing my step and leading me to higher ground even when I feel like wallowing in the mud. I love you Lord. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts