The journey of parenting


Mother & Daughter Bond by honey 77.

As I gear up for a series of posts on various parenting issues, and some encouragement for moms in particular, I have pooled a number of my previous related posts with brief summaries and links to them. I don't want to rewrite what I have already written, but many of you have not read many of these, and I figured I would do the footwork and wade through the sixty or so posts for you and you can read the ones you find relevant.


Here they are, starting with the most recent:

Sibling Rivalry -- Some inspiration that I gleaned from Teri Maxwell's Mom's corner. Includes some tips on dealing with sibling conflict and keeping your own emotions in check while doing so.

I thought I could -- dealing with the afternoon doldrums productively

Hinds Feet -- Encouragement from this Christian classic about the treasure that unfolds before God as we go about our daily, unheralded tasks

Mom's who don't do anything -- Just for fun, Pirates who don't do anything - Mom's edition. For another random mommy post, check out this glimpse into one day's accomplishments, or lack thereof.

Invisible Mother -- another great word of encouragement for the moms that feel invisible. If we are doing our job well, that is just what we will become, like the cathedral builders of yesteryear.

Calvary's Love -- how critical it is that God's love shines through in all we do each day!

Mentoring Moments -- glimpses into tea time with my nine year old, including the introductory post about this time together, this one about obedience with joy; this one about our look at Proverbs 31; another with some odds and ends, and where to find Beautiful Girlhood online for free; and the challenges that come to me as a mother even in mentoring moments.

Marathon -- not about motherhood, but an incredible story of what one father has committed to his son. An incredible inspiration to me every time I hear it.

Matthew 11:28-30 -- Finding rest in God, not a "successful" day of mothering.

Galatians 6:4,5 -- avoiding the comparison game and focusing on the task at hand.

Nehemiah 6:9 -- parenting is God's work, not ours.

The myth of the Teachable Moment -- Every moment is a teachable moment

The role of Wife and Mother -- questions, and some answers, about what a keeper at home looks like to me.

Flower arranging -- The ups and downs of parenting bring more fluid challenges than flower arranging, but it did get me to thinking about the beauty of the bouquet we prepare for our King in our homes over the years. Learning from God's 'parenting' experiences, I realize that we are working with a flawed product, and we aren't perfect ourselves either. Yet, we can please Him with a savor offering through diligence.

One-on-one -- special ways I have employed to spend individual time with each of my children

I did a series a while back on praying for our children and I also posted about how I pray through John 17 at the beginning of each month.

Chores -- Sometimes accomplishing the impossible, but I have shared some of what has worked for us.

Teaching Obedience -- Some of the character training we have done in the area of obedience, in some ways the cornerstone of all other training. I also shared more about some Character training cards that I used here.

Grocery shopping -- Getting it done even with all the kids "helping"

Enjoying the most of each moment -- my very first ever post. Sharing from my heart about balancing motherhood with an eternal perspective at heart.


Well, that narrowed it down a bit. And, it was fun walking through the past year or so through what God has taught me and I have passed along to others.


Hopefully this will whet your appetite for more and encourage you as a mom or parent. I have a number of new posts in the works for this topic that is near and dear to my heart. My relationship with God comes first, my commitment to my husband takes second, and my children come in next, but they still take the bulk of my time and energy each day. I could only make it with a firm grounding in those first two relationships, and motherhood is a continual journey of learning and teaching.


I look forward to sharing more in the weeks ahead! And, stay tuned for info on a giveaway. I have a few copies of To Train Up a Child by Michael and Debi Pearl that I will be giving away at some point during the series as well. More information to come!

Comments

Popular Posts