Today's prayer

A while back I shared about my prayer time for my family, and in particular for my children.

Today, as I always do on the first of the month, I prayed through John 17 for my kids. There is such power and assurance in praying through Scripture. I have prayed from this chapter so many times now that I underlined the applicable phrases and pray through them for my kids (a few alterations of pronouns because it is me speaking, not Jesus Christ):

Father, I pray that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. Now they have come to know that everything You have given me is from You; I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom You have given me;

They themselves are in the world, and I come to You, Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Jesus Christ, that they may be one even as You are.

That they may have Your joy made full in themselves. I have given them Your word;
I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one. Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.

That they also may be in You, so that the world may believe that You sent Jesus Christ.

That they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Jesus, and loved them, even as You have loved me.

And I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that the love wherewith You loved me may be in them.

~Amen

Comments

Thanks for sharing this! My prayer life has been sorely lacking as of late.

I know that the prayers of my own parents have shielded and protected me from a great deal of pain and sadness. I want to do the same for my children. Thanks for giving me a place to start!

Popular Posts