More about joy. . .
my joy should not ebb and flow with the
- cleanliness of my house
- the obedience of my children
- the smoothness of my schedule
- the size of my house
- the health of my family
- the balance in my checking account
- the success of my investments
- the strength of my marriage
- the progress of my homeschool
. . . but it should remain constant, founded on the never changing work of Christ on the cross.
The joy of the Lord is my strength.
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation!
Yesterday, today, forever the same.
In Christ alone.