Encouragement

http://www.our.homewithgod.com/biblepaths/

I appreciate the brutal honesty and passionate faith of David and the other writers of the Psalms. Today I found great encouragement in Psalm 77. This passage shares the grief when we 'feel' that God is distant or ignoring our lives. It shows the irrational thought pattern that I recognize in my own life when the days seem overwhelming or the journey too hard.

The psalmist sets a wonderful example. He doesn't hear some voice from heaven, or have a miraculous sign that "God loves you."

Instead he ponders, meditates, on God's working in history.

He makes a conscious choice to praise God.

He recognizes that there is no god like our God!

While we may not know his footsteps, He holds our hand and leads us.

Not that He needed to, but He has proven Himself time and again throughout history. We need to remember that when we feel lost in the jungle and distant. I need to ground my perspective on the truth played out through eternity, not on my own perception of how today seems to be going.

Who is so great a God as our God?

Comments

Popular Posts