My role

Keeper at home. Keeper AT home.

Hmmmmm . . .

I keep mulling over that particular phrase, or rather that specific word. Of course, in all justice we cannot pull out one simple phrase in Scripture and build our life on it. But that one word keeps popping out at me. Thanks, in part, to a post on another blog, Generation Cedar, that keeps me thinking right now, as her posts often do. There has been quite a thought-provoking debate about the appropriateness of Palin's appointment and acceptance over there in recent posts.

We have to be at home. Physically, emotionally, psychologically. I don't work outside the home, so I am usually home physically, although I do need to be more careful about this. Somehow the 'no' keeps coming out "I'd love to!" Need to keep working on that . . .

But, what about emotionally and psychologically . . .

Do I ever . . . wish I was elsewhere?

Wish the days went quicker?

"Escape" on my computer, or telephone?

Let down my guard?

Become self-centered?

Lower my standards?

Do things my way?

The questions continue. So many areas to keep plugging away at. I so desire to be a keeper at home. To be discreet, chaste, good, obedient to my husband. Grateful I have a few years yet to get this right.

Always seeking to do more, often by doing less.

To walk more closely to Him, by walking more separate from the world.

To live, by dying.

Sounds odd, but that's just our human logic rearing its head again.

Comments

Popular Posts