Authentic Jesus

Yesterday our pastor started a new series on the "Authentic Jesus." I plan to be seriously challenged about the genuineness and authenticity of my faith in the next few months.

In the core of my being I know that I trust my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who died on the cross in my place and rose again with the promise and hope of eternal life for his followers. Daily I seek to die to self and follow Him, humbly learning in his footsteps. However, I still fail. I still hold back. I still fall short and get hung up in all my humanness.

Our pastor said that a gap exists in all our lives between who we portray to others that we are, and who we truly are. True authenticity, narrows that gap, with the goal of eliminating it. Now, of course we don't want to change our portrayal, per se, but rather who we truly are. Walk the talk. Be real. Step it up. All in.

When I say God is at work in a certain area I need to really open that area up and attack it, and work at change, obedience and submission. When God teaches, I need to listen and apply, not just temporarily. My faith needs to continue to take over every part of my life.

Always so much to work on, better keep at it . . .

Comments

Popular Posts