Verse of the week - Deuteronomy 4:29


Sometimes God seems far away, almost irrelevant. Getting caught up in the daily routine, I can easily forget how He is intimately acquainted with my life.

He is always there.

When I stop to look at creation, I cannot ignore the beauty and majesty in the work of His hands. When I quiet my soul and mind, and listen, I hear His still, small voice calling me. No matter where I have gone off to, He is there.


Deteronomy 4:29 shares this sweet promise, "But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul." We need to look for Him, but He is there. We need to search sincerely and earnestly and He will give us the eyes to see.


I don't need to come perfect, just seeking.

This week I want to seek after Him with my whole heart and soul -- all my passions, emotions, thoughts, motivations, priorities -- turn everything His direction. How will I live differently if my goal is seeking after Him?


But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul.

~Deteronomy 4:29~

Comments

Anonymous said…
This also has been on my heart and every time the devil puts thoughts in my head that I am not good enough for God and that I don't I deserve to have God help me I readily admit that he is right. But also remind myself I come as God's child and I don't have to earn his love:)I just try to get closer and closer to HIM!Sorry I didn't mean to blog on your blog!!!
6intow said…
Thanks for sharing, and for the reminder that His love is not earned. I know sometimes I work with wrong motives, trying to "get" somewhere. Of course, most days I'm glad I don't have to earn it, because I would have no hope!
~Erin

Popular Posts