25 "random" things

A few people that I know have posted theirs recently, and I figured this is kind of a fun way to get to know people. You can learn things that wouldn't usually come up in conversation or blogging. So, here goes, 25 random things that came to mind . . .



1. Before kids, I figured two or three would be enough, now I don’t really think there is such a thing as “enough.”


2. I am the fifth of seven kids, and we are all named alphabetically, hence “Erin”.


3. I don’t enjoy cooking.


4. I can speak at least a few words in 11 different languages (English, Hebrew, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Hindi, Telegu, German, Sign, Latin, Japanese) and can say, “I don’t speak (name of language)” in five of those.


5. I enjoy writing and public speaking


6. I teach a homeschool drama class


7. I don’t like shopping – at all!


8. When I was little (like kindergarten!) I loved horror movies – Dracula, the Pit and the Pendulum – organ music and stormy weather and I was lovin’ it!


9. I enjoy blogging (this varies a bit from #5, as it doesn’t always qualify as writing)


10. I would enjoy being a photographer except I take horrible pictures


11. I have taught every age from two year olds to high school seniors in a professional setting. I don’t think I could pick a favorite if I had to.


12. My eleven year old is on the verge of knowing more about math than I do.


13. I have witnessed a drive by shooting (no person was actually hit though).


14. I have had over 100 boys come through my home in the last 10 years. Such a privilege to be a part of that!


15. I have traveled to 20 countries, mostly before I was 20.


16. I have a passion for missions.


17. I had my fourth baby in the car, four blocks from the hospital, in the parking lot of 7-11 with just my husband there.


18. I only drink about 6 cups of coffee a year, but I do have tea about once a week.


19. People say I am organized, but I feel I have so much yet to learn and implement before I can accept that label.


20. I am extremely laid back.


21. I love spending time with just my husband – going for walks, staying up late, etc.


22. I am a morning person, as long as I have had a reasonable amount of sleep.


23. I can’t get enough of God’s Word – loving reading all the way through it again this year.


24. I kind of enjoy busy work (laundry, filing, grading papers . . .)


25. I am glad this is number 25.


That wasn't so bad.

If you want to join the fun, just leave a comment and a link.

Comments

Popular Posts