Renewed Prayer Challenge - Day 8

Setting my mind on Him:


Pray through Scripture:
    Confession:
    • Self-centered - ignoring needs around me
    • Forgetting that others are suffering more and need hope

      Heart of Gratitude: For Jesus' deep, deep love

      From John 15:
      • 13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.
      • 14 You are My friends if you do what I command you.
      • 15 No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you."

      Prayer burdens:
      • The many vulnerable people during this crisis: people who do not have a safe home, elderly, those with health concerns that raise their risk, loved ones of those at increased risk, those without healthcare, those isolated from everyone (singles living alone), etc.
      • Those who have lost much -- college and high school seniors, couples ready to be married, those who have lost loved ones, athletes, etc.
      • Opportunities to show love and awareness to seize those opportunities
        Response:
        Many days self-preservation seems to rise as the greatest need. Protect my kids, my family, my home. Then I stop. There are so many right around us that have far greater needs. How, in these days of "isolation," can I continue to show love to those around me? There are simple ways that I am trying to be more intentional about - send a text, pray, mail a note, smile while out on a walk. :)

        It really does not take much to brighten someone's day and so many around us are letting the uncertainty and even fear control their thinking and outlook.

        Lord God, even in these days where I mostly see the inside of my house, help me shine for You. To my family first, but also to our neighbors or those we connect with virtually. My Your light brighten my words and interactions that they may refresh their hope and love for others as well. In Jesus Name, Amen.


        Comments

        Popular Posts