Fighting fear on my knees

I realized yesterday that fear is starting to creep in to the recesses of my thoughts, and with that I am committing myself afresh to some serious time in prayer.

Maybe you want to join along, so this post will fill you in on what is to come in the next 30 (or more) days. And, here's the back story as to how this came about (some of this is a reprint from 2 years ago when I did a new year prayer challenge, and I will be reposting those posts with updates).


Over three years ago now, God pricked my conscience concerning my ailing prayer life. So, finally I spent a whole month praying every day for one hour. At the same time I was reading through the book Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala.

Life changing.

As I resurrendered my days to Christ, He prompted in me a burden for my neighbors, my town, my community. My prayers are focused a little differently in these coming days. Battling fear. Praying for health and protection. Praying for loved ones harder than ever, physically and spiritually.

So, I'm on my knees. I'm praying hard for God to use me and bring peace, light, and hope during this uncertain season.

That specific reason is just one of many pressing me to pray daily for one hour for the next 30 days.

If you want to join along, these daily posts will help set the tone for a time of prayer. Each post will contain the following:

Focus my attention - worship song video
Pray through Scripture - A couple chapters or passages to pray through in worship and supplication

Confession - seeking God's examination of my life
Heart of Gratitude - A verse and thoughts of thanks
Prayer burdens - specific daily prayer requests
Response - thoughts God stirred in me through prayer time that day

I'm going for 30-60 minutes of prayer
each day, but you can do whatever God leads you to. I pray that this is a blessing to others, and it will be great accountability to me to keep ahead of these posts.

I saw a glimpse of how God moves in response to focused prayer time, and I am eager to begin again.

Comments

Popular Posts