Not just limbo

Just riding this out.

Limbo.

Holding pattern.

Waiting.

Every season, even when it might look like or be described by the above phrases, has a purpose.

Daily I keep looking for what I am to learn and what I am to teach.
How I am blessed, and how I can be a blessing.
The love shown me and the love I can show others.
The room for growth and the room for grace.
Time for prayer, fasting, Bible study.

These days our home looks very different than it did a month ago.

Am I making the most of it? Is my screen time a reasonable intrusion, or should I trim some more?

My husband reminded me today, that this is an experience that will likely never be duplicated again. Never again will we have this much of our family "stuck" at home together with this non-restrictive of a schedule.

Stores are closed, sports are canceled, no eating out, no planned nights out, no babysitting, no scheduling conflicts, nothing. Our schedule has us at home almost 24/7.

How can we soak everything we can out of these days?

Cooking together.

Bible time.

No rushing away from the dinner table.

Walking and hiking together.

Dreaming together.

Lots to talk about, think about, process together.

Humor to share.

Games to play.

Movies to watch.

It doesn't need to be packed in with highly structured, intentional-relationship building agendas.

But, we can find joy in resting together and knitting our hearts together all the more.

This brings a whole new level of savoring the season. 

Comments

Popular Posts