Renewed Prayer Challenge - Day 6

Setting my mind on Him:


Pray through Scripture:

 Confession: Worry
  • Help me release every fear, worry, anxiety, uncertainty to your care


    Heart of Gratitude: 
    • He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
      (Psalm 91:1 ESV)

    Prayer burdens:
    • Adult children making their own choices, feeling the weight and pressure of it, or isolated, living alone.
    • Nurses and other medical professionals dealing with the reality of this virus everyday.
    • Those struggling with greater levels of anxiety because of high risk loved ones.
    • Some sense of normalcy in our daily routine. 
      Response:

      On my own, I'm not much, but in Him I find life and find it to the full. I woke up with these two Scriptures on my mind - Isaiah 26:3 and I Peter 5:7. Found the whole chapters to be stirring as I looked them up.

      I Peter 5:7 word by word is awesome:
      • Cast - throw it, with some emotion, really put some muscle into sending it away from you.
      • All - not just some, don't hold back. Name it, list it, write it, speak it, don't keep any of it. Every. Single. One.
      • Your - we can bear others' burdens, but this is directly about the ones that you keep feeling the weight of personally.
      • Anxieties - cares, worries, anxieties. This life is full of them, no matter the age, gender, season, or situation, we are each well acquainted with worries of some kind.
      • on Him - this is where I rest. The God of the Universe. The mighty God. The chief shepherd. The Lion of Judah. 
      • (Why?) Because - why we should do it, why we can do it.
      • He - same God. There is no god like our God 
      • Cares - is concerned with, takes an interest in, especially gives attention to. God cares. Not with a passive, powerless recognition or with paralyzing, fearful anxiety. He cares, genuinely about us, with loving concern. We don't need to worry, because He is concerned, too, and He will bear it.
      • for You - me. What is man that you are mindful of him? Just me. The one He loved so much that He died for me and loves so much that He intercedes daily for me. Me, his beloved, adopted child. 

      Father God, Your word bears up so fully under the weight of this world. Help me not hold tight to my worries, but to cast them on You, knowing that you care for me more than I can comprehend. In Jesus Name, Amen. 

      Comments

      Popular Posts