Verse of the week - Psalm 139:7-10

7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
   Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
   If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9If I take the wings of the morning
   and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10even there your hand shall lead me,
   and your right hand shall hold me.
 
God knows just what I need to hear. When I need encouragement, He brings it right to mind. When I need confrontation, He doesn't avoid it. When I need humility, He gently teaches me. When I need strength, He is always enough.
These verses lifted me today, just as I needed them. I can't get away from God, even if I tried to. 
Whether I find myself soaring in victory or wallowing in defeat, God walks beside me. 
When my bleary eyes open to greet a needy child in the middle of the night or when the midday sun blazes down on us as we play, God stays close by.
While dealing with grief from the past, overwhelming present circumstances, or the future of uncertainty, God's stability remains.

Thank you, Lord, for Your remarkable presence in my life. Your unmistakeable imprint on who I am. Your immovable commitment to love and lead me. ~Amen

Comments

Popular Posts