Verse of the week - Isaiah 40:8




Some days I find myself swayed more by more hormone and hunger fluctuations than by the Spirit of God.

Reacting to the moment still comes naturally after over 30 years of walking with Christ.

My imperfections still glare back at me on a daily basis.

And still, He loves me. Knowing all that I would do, He still died for my sins. Fortunately, my salvation rests on His stability, not my own.


The preacher today referenced Isaiah 40:8 which says, "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." What a promise!


It's all about Him.

More verses sprang to mind . . . I Corinthians 15:58 (Our labor is not in vain, and we should emulate His steadfastness), Isaiah 33:6 (He is our stability), Hebrews 13:8 (He is the same --always!)


I pour out my gratitude that my salvation, the promise of eternity with Christ, does not depend on my own accomplishments. Jesus Christ, the chief cornerstone, making us worthy inhabitants for the Holy Spirit, by whom we are sealed.


Not by works of righteousness that I did. Certainly not. If that was the basis I would be saved one day and not the next.


Instead, I have a security because my salvation rests on a relationship with the God of the universe, founded on His unfailing love, justice, and perfect blood of Jesus.


I easily judge the Israelites for the ebb and flow of their obedience to God, yet how different am I? Now, I gratefully read of His faithfulness to them, because I know I am no different at times. Yet, God remains the same.


Thank you, Lord, for loving consistently my inconsistent self. Thank you for the stability of Your character and Your promises in Your Word. You are my rock. ~Amen


The grass withereth, the flower fadeth:
but the word of our God shall stand for ever
.

~Isaiah 40:8~

Comments

Popular Posts