Verse of the week - Galatians 6:9



As often as this verse runs through my thoughts, I have not captured it for a verse of the week until now. Galatians 6:9 says, "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." These words have encouraged me to stay the course through many difficult days throughout the past.

Sometimes I'm just tired.

Sometimes the kids are going through a "phase."

Sometimes the finished product seems so far away.

Sometimes I give in to the lingo that "I deserve a break."

Sometimes I lose my focus.

Sometimes I want God to work on a different area of my life.

Sometimes . . . I'm sure you can add some more of your own.

Sometimes we just don't wanna.



As with many verses, the aroma comes out more fully in context:


8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

9And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

10As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.


Some of my random thoughts and introspection on these verses --


- Where do I expend most of my energy? Am I sowing eternal seed?


- Doing good is tiring. If Satan can't get us caught in inactivity and unfruitfulness he can't wait to pounce on our fatigue.


- The reward is not now, it is "in due season." Why do I keep looking for it here?


- Why do I keep wanting to fast forward and see what the future holds? Part of the "not growing weary" involves patience to continue to work through these sometimes wearying, non-rewarding days.


- Doing good involves other people, especially fellow Christians, which will most likely require more patience.



Lord, Thank you for the promise of the reward to come. Help me to stay patient and diligent. Thank you for hope and encouragement to stay the course, continue to give me the strength and vision as well. Thank you for letting me be a mom, as tough as it is some days. I know the eternal ramifications will be incredible. ~Amen


And let us not be weary in well doing:

for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

~Galatians 6:9~

Comments

moofam@hotmail.com said…
Wow! Just where I am at:) Thankyou!

Popular Posts