WFMW -- Unique living room furniture

Definitely not conventional. Even a bit in the way.

However, we decided to put function over beauty and put one of these in our living room at least for the time being:



Why? Well, let me tell you . . .

We bought this handy piece of equipment a number of years ago and it has gone through periods of use and disuse. And, for the last year it has sat neglected in a mostly empty room.


My husband decided that needed to change. Especially as our physical activity often finds itself a bit lacking this time of year, he decided to move our exercise bike into the living room. We spend quite a bit of time in the living room either reading, talking, playing, or watching a movie together.


Now, when we gather in the living room someone jumps on the bike and peddles away for 20 minutes or so and then the next person gets a turn. Even our four and six year olds take their turns on it, with a little adaptation.



My husband also made a little chart with each person's name and each day of the month. We write down how many minutes we rode and how far we went and try to get an entry of at least 20 minutes each day.


I cannot believe how easy it has been to add some exercise into my daily routine just by putting it in the middle of everything.


Unusual living room furniture? Absolutely, but it works for me!

Comments

REG said…
I had an exercise bike in front of the TV in our family room for years until it finally broke.
amy in peru said…
PERFECT! That sounds awesome! Unconventional, but practical... very practical :)

Amy
http://apilgrimsproject.blogspot.com
Debra said…
I love it....

We had our treadmill in the corner of the living room for a long time too. But it is wearing out and we don't quite dare to use it. We need to look into getting a new belt or something. I'd LOVE to have it back in the living room.
Sharon said…
we have the same living room furniture! :-) I need to use it more now that it's more accessible.

Popular Posts