TOS Crew Review -- Presidential Penmanship by Zeezok

A few years ago I realized that my handwriting method just wasn't cutting it. I have never had great handwriting, but when I take my time I can still model it properly. Well, I wish I had had this product in my hands back then.


Photobucket

Product: Presidential Penmanship from Zeezok Publishing
Details: A handwriting program for all ages. You pick the style, and they send you a CD with pages of handwriting practice that incorporate quotes from Presidents and quotes on character.
Price: $39.99 for a complete handwriting program on CD. First Grade through high school.

Presidential Penmanship BJ Style Complete Program CD

What we loved . . .

  • Complete -- This one CD contains all you need for your kids' handwriting program. Print as many copies as you need, and just keep one little CD around with everything you need right on it.
  • Quality content -- Kids will not just copy meaningless sentences or phrases. They will spend their time reading and copying quotes of great Americans and other quotes that reinforce quality character traits.
  • Sample pages -- try before you buy with the sample pages for each of the styles.
  • Instant download -- The CD will come in the mail, but while you wait, at checkout you receive a code to download the pages so you can get started right away. Talk about convenient!
  • Need more work? Print the page again -- Sometimes my kids would rush through a page in their book. I could always have them rewrite it on another sheet, but having it all on CD I simply print a new page for them to redo the work if necessary.

Some considerations . . .
  • Decide carefully which style of writing you will choose. I didn't get a choice and was sent one that I am not particularly fond of (after the style that Bob Jones' uses). I love the program itself, just not necessarily the style I received.
  • For kids just learning to write they may need a little extra help learning how to write the letters. The program does come with pages perfect for first graders with letters to trace over and large lines to write on. But, for a very new writer they might need some extra direction to form their letters correctly and establish good writing habits.
All in all, I really liked this product. Especially if you have quite a few children, this is a very cost effective way to purchase handwriting materials. I probably spend over $15 each year on handwriting books for my five kids. In a little over two years this product will have paid for itself with a lot of years of usefulness yet ahead of it.


For more TOS Crew reviews on this product, check out the TOS Crew blog.


Disclaimer: This web based program was provided to me free of charge from Zeezok Publishing as part of my participation in The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew. I received no additional compensation and the opinions expressed here come from my personal experiences and sincere thoughts.

Comments

Mindy said…
Wish I would have found this product when I first started 16 years ago. Too late smart. Thanks for your kind encouragement today.

Popular Posts