Verse (and song) of the week - John 11:40

Doubt blurs our vision, at times blinding us.

Doubt and fear stand united challenging the depth of our faith, stripping it away. Stirring up more questions than convictions.


Doubt arrives with the storm as our eyes capture the waves instead of their Master.


Doubt swirls in the desert as the sand distorts our direction and makes past slavery look more appealing than the present uncertainty, or even the promised future victory.


Doubt festers and grows. Never good. Like a mold, a fungus, an infection that must be washed out and completely sterilized.

Why do I so still find myself sucked in to its deluding grip?

On the other side is faith.

Focus on God -- Rock solid. Firm to the end. Faithful. Gentle. Sovereign. Omniscient.

How often I miss His working because I doubted and wasn't even looking. John 11:40 says, "Jesus said to her, 'Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?'” Martha looked through human eyes and at first missed the power of God.

She looked at "reality" and saw only her dead brother and a silent God.

My eyes often attach themselves to the present day challenges rather than God's vitality and plan. What if I instead trusted? What if I chose to believe Him? How visible His glory when we look the right direction!


Often when I hear a new song in church it takes me a little while to warm up to it. This past week we sang a song that I immediately jotted down to look up when I got home. Then, I find out it is not even released yet! According to the post on one of the worship leader's blogs, I have to wait until April to really have access to it. But, here are some of the lyrics that I treasured as I sang:
The Greatness Of Our God
by Reuben Morgan, Stu Garrard, Jason Ingram

Give me eyes to see more of who You are
May what I behold still my anxious heart
Take what I have known and break it all apart
You my God are greater still

No sky contains
No doubt restrains
All You are
The greatness of our God
I spend my life to know
And I'm far from close
To all You are
The greatness of our God

Give me grace to see beyond this moment here
To believe that there is nothing left to fear
That You alone are high above it all
You my God are greater still.
{For a little audio blurb, you can catch an intro to it here, and the song is quietly playing in the background.}

Lord, you are more powerful than my doubt. Your promises hold true even when I do not. Continue to change my unbelief that I may see more of You! ~Amen

Jesus said to her,
“Did I not tell you that
if you believed you would see the glory of God?”

~John 11:40~

See and hear more Songs for Sunday at Fenced in Family.

Comments

amy in peru said…
I love it when the Lord teaches us something and it touches deeply.

beautiful.

amy in peru

Popular Posts