Are you still in His Word?

We are a quarter of a way into the year (plus a week), so I find this a good time to revisit some of my goals and see what needs tweaking, eliminating, and refocusing.


In all honesty, I got a few chapters behind in my Bible reading. As intrigued as I am by a challenge I heard to read the Bible through in 90 days, right now the 12 month plan is already a challenge enough.


So, as I sat to catch up on my reading, and write my post for 66 books, I figured I would check in with all of you as well.


How are you doing? Are you on track with your goals for spiritual growth? What goals? Well, maybe you could start with Brother Lawrence. He'll give you lots to chew on. And, if you aren't quite ready for that, then jump in with our reading through the Bible in a year plan. Fifteen minutes a day or so, and you'll hunger for more.


Whatever your objective, I invite you to prepare for the weekend ahead. Passionate Homemaking has some great links up for you to use on your own or with your family. We've been enjoying walking through Jesus' final days using this devotional guide for our Bible time in the morning. I didn't plan in advance, so we don't have candles to light, but it has prompted some meaningful conversations with my kids as we see what Jesus faced that tumultuous week leading up to his crucifixion.


We first need to come to the cross. As my pastor pointed out this past week, Good Friday is kind of like a slingshot, strained, pulled back. And then, come Easter, we let it fly. A word picture I keep coming back to this week.


I look forward to spending some time at the foot of the cross.

Comments

momtofivekids said…
I read Brother Lawrence's book last year and I am so far from where I started when I read it. I am making steps to walk with Him like that again. You're post about the book the other day made me really think. Please pray for me if you think about it. I've been stressed lately-not good. I am reading through the Bible in a year, I'm just starting February, but I'm still reading :).
God Bless!
6intow said…
momtofivekids, I count it a privilege to pray for you. You don't know this, but I have recently been burdened to pray more surrounding my blog -- for the people, the posts, the topics, etc.

It is relatively easy to know what to do, and even easier to get away from what we know. I see your heart on your blog and pray for God's peace for you.

Thanks for sharing where you are in Bible reading, too. I don't think reading it within the 12 months is some magic formula, but staying in it consistently kind of works that way.

I'll be praying (thanks for asking!)
~Erin
momtofivekids said…
Thank you so much! Your blog is very encouraging.

Popular Posts