Worshipping in His Presence!

I had intended to run out to CVS tonight, but the snow has kept me housebound, so I wanted to share my brief and powerful glimpse of God this morning at church. I love when He brings Scriptures to mind during the songs of worship adding power to the lyrics.

First, the song:

Worthy is the, Lamb who was slain
Holy, Holy, is He
Sing a new song, to him who sits on
Heaven's mercy seat

Chorus:

Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come
With all creation I sing
Praise to the King of Kings
You are my everything
And I will adore You


Clothed in rainbows, of living color
Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder
Blessing and honor, strength and glory and power be
to You the only wise King

Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder
At the mention of your name
Jesus your name is power
Breath, and living water
Such a marvelous mystery

I have often loved this song, and the wonderful picture that Revelation 4 brings to us. I have thought about how God deserves all of our worship. So worthy is He that if all we did all eternity was proclaim his worth and holiness it would not be enough.

Today, another Scripture came to mind while singing this already moving and powerful song. Isaiah 6 kept running through my head. “I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple.” The seraphim call to each other, “Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts, the whole earth is full of His glory.” Trembling and smoke add to the dramatic scene, and the realization of our own puny selves.

My mind and imagination is admittedly overactive, but this morning, picturing this throng in heaven, witnessing the majesty of God, overwhelmed at His presence, I closed my eyes and could picture all creation rising in praise of Him, all His saints, His bride joining our voices to worship Him, finally in His presence rather than from a distance. Then I thought of how small my voice would be in that huge mass of humanity. I thought about my large church and how the pastor could never know each of us, certainly does not know me. Yet, in heaven when we stand worshipping, God will know each one of us. Not just by name or face, but intimately. He knows every detail of my life and desires an ever growing relationship with me. WOW!!!!! That just blew me away.

Now, as I looked back at Isaiah 6, I contemplate my response. When I get a new glimpse of the power of God and realize His great love for me despite my own insignificance, I want to dwell there and remain just worshiping Him. Then I am prodded by Isaiah’s response, which should be mine as well. The question is posed in verse 8, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” And I can just picture him, cleansed, humbled, and full of a heart of worship, jumping up and down with his hand raised, “Pick me, pick me!” Actually he said, “Here am I. Send me!” Kind of the same thing, right? That’s got to be me. Use me, Lord, this week to show others your great message of love.

Comments

Popular Posts