Verse of the week -- Psalm 46:10

Motherhood is busy. The days are non-stop from the time we awake until we crash on our pillow at night. With five kids filling our house all day, and 12 more in the mornings and evenings, our house enjoys constant motion, activity, and noise. At any given time I can guarantee that at least one person needs help with cleaning a mess, completing homework, resolving a dispute, or just a listening ear to share the troubles of the day. Now, add into that some other situations: external family situations that have brought additional stress, financial decisions that require our attention and energy, and some challenges in our work environment. All this laid the backdrop for what God had to tell me this week.

BE STILL! Sorry, He had to shout it to get my attention. It was hard to hear over everything else clamoring for my attention. How do I forget that He maintains control of all of this. He walks this path with me?

This morning to complement my devotions I picked up Linda Dillow's book, Satisfy My Thirsty Soul. She has a wonderful framework for beginning your personal worship time with God. I took her challenge to go through the letters of the alphabet as I focused on the attributes of God: Awesome, Beautiful, Counselor, Divine, Excellent, Father, Great . . . I often seek to use the ACTS format for my prayer time (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication), but this brought a fresh form of adoration. As I continued through the alphabet I thought of S.M. Lockridge's well known "That's My King!" oration.



Be still, and know that I am God;

I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.

Psalm 46:10

Comments

Popular Posts