Lapbooks

Something that I have done only a little work with, but have enjoyed, is lapbooking. Today I came across a site that had lots of free lapbooks to download and work through. It also gives some great understanding of how to create various lapbooks.

Right now we are listening to Stephen Ambrose's Undaunted Courage, a book about Lewis and Clark's famous expedition. It is a fascinating story and vivid picture into life two hundred years ago. Amazing how far we have come in just the past couple hundred years! On the other hand, it amazes me how much of American politics has changed little in that time. Anyway, I plan to use some of the lapbook ideas on this site to help my kids hold onto and condense all the information into a more manageable size. The audio book is 24 hours (!) so we are chipping away at it a little at a time in the car mostly.

Hopefully in a few weeks I will have some fun pics to post of their projects! So much fun stuff to do and simply not enough hours in the day to experience it all! I'm glad I have at least another twelve years of home schooling to pack it all in.

Comments

Popular Posts