Home again

Something about pulling in the road to our house after an extended leave . . .

anticipating our own beds, blankets and pillows

picking up the pile of mail and searching for personal letters in the midst of all the junk mail

seeing neighbors and friends that we had left behind

traveling once again that familiar path towards home.


We just returned from an 8 day vacation to Washington DC and Niagara Falls (that was not originally in the plan). After 40 hours of driving, 8 days and 7 nights of sharing everything (beds, rooms, water bottles, socks, etc.), hours of walking and exploring new sites, learning about ourselves, our country and each other, and growing closer together through shared experiences, we are once again home.

I wrote a few posts before leaving to be published while I was gone. Hopefully that helped fill the void while I was away from home and computer. I have so much to share from the trip, other thoughts, and exciting upcoming activities in our household, but for the next day or two, I just need to catch up on everything that needs to be settled back into, and enjoy the comfortable feeling of home.

Comments

Glad you are back safe and sound and look forward to hearing more about your trip. I have been to Washington DC once, and grew up 30 minutes from Niagara Falls. I can't wait to hear what you thought of it.

Popular Posts