Prayer Challenge - going forward

What I've learned this past month . . . 

I love praying through Scripture. This habit will definitely continue going forward. His words carry such unbelievable power in them. And, they some how say exactly what I want to say.

Sometime I need to reset and refocus on a spiritual discipline to re-instill its priority in my life and routine. Even on the days (many) that I did not have a concentrated, extended time in prayer, I found myself praying more all throughout the day.

This needs to be a regular part of my week and blog. While I will not likely post prayer challenges daily, I plan to do this once a week or more and try to focus them around particular themes that God is teaching me.

I need to keep learning how to wrestle and struggle through prayer. So often I think of prayer as the starting point of action. More often, it is the climax of the action. This probably deserves a whole post, or series of posts, in and of itself, but my prayers needed and continue to need more intensity. Wrestling with God through an issue enables me to truly leave it before Him rather than continually taking it back and fretting over it, which has more often been my pattern.

What have you learned? While this began as something God pressed me to do, I am thankful this has been a tool for others as well, and if you have any specific ways God has used this I would love to hear it.

Praying on,
Erin

Comments

Popular Posts