Prayer Challenge Day 33

Who am I?
Usually the focus of my prayer time is God. Obviously, He is the one I am directing my words toward, He is worthy of all my worship and I find great benefit from resting in awe of Him at the beginning of prayer time.

However, as a highly sensitive individual, I also now and then need to set back and remember who I am. I bruise easily, emotionally speaking, and can quickly spiral down into pity parties, self-debasing mental games, and other unhealthy thought patterns.

When that happens I need to stop and remember who I am.

I compiled this list from various internet lists today to find just what I needed straight from God's lips. This is who I am:

God's Child (John 1:12)
Predestined, adopted (Eph 1:5)
Accepted (Romans 15:7)
One with the Lord (I Cor 6:17)
Not a slave to sin (Rom 6:6)
Known from conception (Jer 1:5)
God's special possession (I Pet 2:9)
Holy and beloved (Col 3:12)
An alien on earth (I Pet 2:11)
Conqueror (Rom 8:37)
Not my own (I Cor 6:19)
Victorious (I Cor 15:57)
Being changed (2 Cor 3:18)
Loved, sacrificed for (Gal 2:20)
Redeemed, Forgiven (Eph 2:5)
Masterpiece (Eph 2:10)
Righteous, Holy (Eph 2:24)
Rescued (Col 1:13)
Qualified
New creation (2 Cor 5:17)
Not condemned (Rom 8:1)
God's righteousness (2 Cor 5:21)
Temple of Holy Spirit (1 Cor 6:19)
Friend of God (John 15:15)
Overcomer (I John 4:4)
Capable of everything (Phil 4:13)
Wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14)
A work in progress (Phil 1:6)
Light (Mat 5:14)
Forgiven (I Jn 1:9)

None of this of my own doing, but all firmly established on the God of the universe.

I am His.

So thankful.

Another favorite related song:

Comments

Popular Posts