Prayer Challenge - Stewarding our gifts

Setting my mind on Him:

Pray through Scripture:
  • I Corinthians 12
  • Ephesians 4
  • Psalm 37 and 113

Confession:
  • Wasting time - I say I have no time, or I will begin __________ next week, or next season. There is time, I just choose not to use it to the best of my ability. Making changes. This week.

Heart of Gratitude:
  • Psalm 118:24 - This is the day the Lord has made. Rejoice, give thanks, use it all for Him

Prayer burdens:
  • That I would steward the gifts He has give me more consistently
  • Husband to serve Christ and shine for Him each day
  • Kids to recognize their gifts and not to take God's glory 
  • Utilize the gifts in the body of Christ with the greatest impact, greatest unity. That working together more souls would be reached for Him. Praying for changed hearts. 
  • Grief aches for a long time, a very long time. I continue to lift up my friends and family that lost their spouses this past year.

Response:

I ache as I see so much disunity in the Church. So much fighting over non-essentials and personality differences. Yet, I also see stirrings of something else. A growing love of the gospel. Truth spoken powerfully. Believers seeking to love those around them so they have a legitimate platform to share God's love. It's starting. It's coming. This past week I have heard numerous people talking of past revivals and seeking prayer for another - soon!

Praying hard for Christ's body to act in unity. Rejecting false teachings or watered down truth, and boldly proclaiming the Word of God together to bring in the harvest of hungry souls.

Lord, let us not grow weary in doing good, and neither let us grow comfortable just doing "good." May our faith continue to stir us to act, to move, to love, to speak truth. Use me, Lord, and connect me with other believers with the same hunger that we may see a powerful response of the Holy Spirit to our fervent prayers for Your light to shine brighter in our communities. ~Amen

Comments

Popular Posts