Prayer Challenge - daily wisdom

Setting my mind on Him:


Pray through Scripture:
  • Psalm 2, 112
  • Proverbs 8

Confession:
  • Human expectations, short changing God by boxing Him into my thinking

Heart of Gratitude:
  • Revelation 7:12 -- God is worthy of all our thanks

Prayer burdens:
  • My wisdom in parenting
  • Husband's place to serve God
  • Kids' relationships
  • Outreach to my area, to trust God for the details, thankful for many connections made already

Response: 

The world thinks they have all the answers. Let's just get along, all we need is love, tolerance, create your own truth, live for today, look out for #1, never let them see you sweat, just do it, because you're worth it. From common group mantras to marketing slogans to Hollywood subplots, the wisdom of the world is constantly pounded into our thinking. And, in large part, the wisdom is contrary to God's Word.

Once upon a time, a product of American culture and the Christian worldview lined up almost synonymously, but that is no longer the case. I constantly find myself rechecking my compliance with culture against Scripture. Even my reaction to the culture needs that plumb line. Simply veering the other direction is not necessarily healthy or right. Only constant saturation in God's Wisdom and Word will guard my steps and set them in the way they should go.

Lord, may I constantly seek out Your wisdom and only Your wisdom. Give me the clear thinking and strength to take each step according to Your guidance. Thank you that I do not walk alone. ~Amen

Comments

Popular Posts