Verse of the Week -- Ecclesiastes 5:7

Blogging has a tendency to create almost a virtual reality. There's real life and then there's my perception of life, or maybe the perception I want you to have of my life. How I dream it to be. How I remember something with the airbrushing of time (even a few hours has a way of Photoshopping out some of the details).

Then there are the rabbit trails.

This leads to that. Good intentions wither. And, sometimes the blog becomes all about me. My great ideas. My wonderful experiences. My amazing kids. Sometimes I think my life is all about me. It's not.

This blog, and my life, is about my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It's about the blessings my Father God bestows so shamelessly on me, a very unworthy recipient. He gives me wisdom, teaches lessons, shows me truths that I learn with dropped jaw.

As I settle back into this routine of sharing as God teaches, I needed this reminder: "For when dreams increase and words grow many, there is vanity; but God is the one you must fear." ~Ecclesiastes 5:7

I need to remember to stop yacking about myself and stand in awe on a regular basis.

My life should be a sign post to God and not a billboard about myself.

The only reason my life and experiences are worth sharing is because they point to my Creator. The good, the hard, the funny, the beautiful moments should help us more clearly see His hand. In order for me to see that truth I need to have some fear -- a deep, trembling awe of the Sovereign God.


"For when dreams increase and words grow many, there is vanity; but God is the one you must fear."
~ Ecclesiastes 5:7 ~

Comments

Popular Posts