Verse of the Week -- Acts 2:25-26

I foolishly think I am alone in my daily rush to get everything done. As I race about running errands, plan feverishly at my desk for the days and weeks ahead, or work up a sweat to try to complete housework faster than those around me create more, I settle into a "why am I the only one" mindset.

As I let that thinking fester it becomes true. I accelerate through the day accomplishing this and that on my own. A dangerous way to try to live the Christian life.

Of course, I'm not really alone because nothing, even the busy days of motherhood, can separate me from the love of Christ. But, mentally I distance myself and forget the obvious presence of my Lord and Savior.

Then I crash. Plans fail, schedules collide, messes multiply.

Forced to stop, I finally see as David did . . .

25
For David says concerning him,
"'I saw the Lord always before me,
for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken;
26therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced;
my flesh also will dwell in hope. ~Acts 2:25-26~

Always there, whether I acknowledge Him or not. Nothing can shake me as He holds me tight.

The thrill of His presence when I stop to notice overflows my heart, my tongue and my very flesh. Always time to worship.

Hope renewed. Perspective restored.

Keeping my eyes where they belong. On Him, not the housework.

On Father God, not my failures.

On Christ, not my to-do list.

Thank you, Lord, for yet again pulling me close and holding me steady. ~in Jesus' name, Amen

Comments

Popular Posts