Verse of the week - Psalm 77:13, 30, 31, 49

The thunder and the mist.

The crashing waves and the babbling brook.

The tornado and the cool breeze.

The mountain and the valley.

The grizzly bear and the playful kitten.

The desert and the rain forest.

Creation offers many extremes. Yet, all from the hands of the same Creator. As we marvel at the diversity in nature, each of these shows a glimpse of the complexity of His nature as well.


God is powerful and gentle, over all and personal, leader and servant, complex and simple, justice and love.


All of Psalm 77 speaks to the greatness of God as well as His tender protection in the life of those that love Him.

These verses especially stood out to me:

13The LORD also thundered in the heavens, And the Most High uttered His voice, Hailstones and coals of fire.
30As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. 31For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God,
49Therefore I will give thanks to You among the nations, O LORD, And I will sing praises to Your name.


I would encourage you to take some time and read the whole chapter of Psalm 77 and seek out your own glimpses of God in His created world.



We serve a God who is everything. Omnipotent with unfathomable love. His character becomes more clear as I sit at the ocean with the waves crashing at my feet and reflect
on His great power.



His personality comes into view in a glimpse of a flower with the beauty He placed there at the beginning of time.


God is more than I can comprehend in this lifetime even with all the evidence He built into this world. He left hints everywhere for us to come to know Him through (Romans 1:20).


Lord, help me to see you this week. See You in a way that only Your creation can reveal. You are the powerful God of the wind and waves as well as the still small voice. Keep me vigilant to seek You and follow You wherever You will be found. You are my rock and refuge, I praise You alone! ~Amen


13The LORD also thundered in the heavens,
And the Most High uttered His voice,
Hailstones and coals of fire.
30As for God, His way is blameless;
The word of the LORD is tried;

He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.

31
For who is God, but the LORD?
And who is a rock, except our God,

49Therefore I will give thanks to You among the nations,
O LORD,
And I will sing praises to Your name.
~Psalm 77:13, 30, 31, 49~

Comments

Popular Posts