New website


A few weeks ago I sat in an encouraging, information filled support group meeting and reveled in the benefits of a strong group of fellow homeschool moms with varying interests, experiences, and knowledge.


I recalled my first homeschool years that went well academically, but I lacked a certainty in my planning and execution. Support groups can provide encouragement and opportunities that might be difficult for the individual homeschool mom to come across on her own.


This type of support should be readily available to everyone looking for it. So, I shared my vision with my husband and now we have a new website to do just that.


Living in the Chicago area, provides an incredible number of resources, but just as elsewhere, many of these first grow by word of mouth or emails to existing homeschoolers. We are building a site to help link Chicagoland homeschoolers to resources right in their own backyard that they might not know about otherwise.


I know my readers here have a far more diverse geography, so this won't interest all of you, but for those of you homeschooling in the Chicagoland area, I would love to help you connect and find more local resources to help you in your homeschool journey. For those with friends or family in the Chicagoland area I would appreciate it if you spread the word. And, if you ever find yourself in this neck of the woods, you will find links to car loads of field trip ideas to make the most of your time.


This is still a work in progress, definitely a labor of love to compile and format all of the information. My husband has been an incredible support and put so much of his own time and energy into making this a reality.


Please stop in for a visit to the Chicagoland Homeschool Network, and spread the word!


When you can't find just the right resource or tool, make your own. That's what I've done. And, it has definitely worked for me!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! The new website looks great!
6intow said…
Thanks, Kris. It is something that has been simmering in my subconscious for a long time and it is amazing to see it become a reality. VERY exciting.

Thanks for checking it out,
Erin
Courtney said…
This is a great resource for your area! Good thinking.

Popular Posts