Health info

I know I have lost followers. I know my blogging has been horribly disjointed and sporadic, at best. But, hopefully we are through that little slump.


If you are interested in a bit of explanation, I'll fill you in, if not . . . you can skip to the next blog post, which will be along shortly as my life somehow gets back to normal.


On Mother's Day I woke up in serious pain in my right shoulder area and went to urgent care instead of church. Doctor said I slept funny and strained a muscle.


By Thursday, after four days of trying to sleep on the recliner after taking a muscle relaxant I went back in because it was getting slightly worse, not better. My arm was numb and weak and the pain lingered if I moved, or breathed.


Ordered an MRI, no scheduled openings until the following Thursday. Muddled through a week relying on my kids quite a bit and my husband when he was home in the evenings. They have been amazing. I would never have made it without them. A prescription did bring some improvement.


The MRI showed a sizable herniated disc in the cervical region of my back (right at the bottom of my neck). That explains why I haven't been able to type for more than 15 minutes at a time, why I can't carry a gallon of water with my right hand, and why I wince just carrying out my daily hygiene. It doesn't explain how it got there. I have no idea.


I look forward to continued improvement and getting back to sharing all that God is teaching me and leading me through as I am able. I've missed being on here, but everything has its season.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ouch! That sounds very painful. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Courtney said…
I thought you were quiet! Praying for you!
moofam@hotmail said…
Awww Erin..I have missed your posts. Sorry about this new bump in your road and praying for wisdom for you all as you decide what to do.

Popular Posts