Groundhog Day

Among the more unusual holidays, Groundhog Day always seems to come ridiculously early to me. I remember the first time as an adult that I paid attention to the holiday and I thought, "In February? Who really thinks we have any shred of hope for spring when we left January less than 36 hours ago?"


As I started my search for preschool craft plans for the week ahead I remembered this illustrious holiday, and decided to choose some relevant crafts. If nothing else, groundhogs make for cute craft subjects.

Here is some of what I found:

- A groundhog hat
- A groundhog in an egg (that might confuse some little ones . . .)
- Your own peek-a-boo groundhog so you can make your own predictions time and time again.
- A shadow matching worksheet



Looking for information on the holiday? Look no further than the official website with information and ideas galore. Or, this one that also claims to be official, but seems to lack the same content and quality.


And, this year, since we just got up to freezing for the first time in almost a month, I'm not expecting spring-like weather any time soon no matter what the groundhog says.

Comments

Popular Posts