Encouragement from Psalm 37

My kids and I sat and read through Psalm 37 at the prodding of Generation Cedar near the close of our school day today and our follow up conversation was amazingly brief. Partly because my kids don't worry about the economy, although they are pretty aware of what is going on since we talk about it a bit. Partly because the Psalm repeats its message in so many different ways and terms that you can't really miss what it has to say. Don't worry, live lives of righteous obedience, rest in Him, and God will take care of the rest.

I'm not generally a worrier. Throughout our marriage we have been through some financially tough times and have seen God provide in miraculous ways. Just the right amount and just when we absolutely needed it. We learned first hand that, "A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked." (verse 16)

Verse 21, "The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth," also challenged me as I realize that a lot of "wicked" (and non-wicked) will find themselves in desperate situations and I need to show mercy and give generously, not judge them for getting themselves into the scrape they are in, which might not even be the case.

God is my help, my strength, my deliverer, my salvation! Regardless of what we experience in the breath of time that is this life I know my eternal reward in heaven awaits paid for by the precious blood of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

God gives abundant hope and stability

And He will be the stability of your times, A wealth of salvation, wisdom and knowledge; The fear of the LORD is his treasure. ~Isaiah 33:6 (a verse of the week from a while back)

Comments

Popular Posts