Verse of the week -- Strength in weakness

God is so good. He dropped this little pearl in my lap during church today:

"And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

"Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong." ~II Corinthians 12:9, 10


It brought to mind the rough morning I wrote about earlier this week, and reminded me of what He taught me then as well. In my weakness, He is strong. We will all face those days, those times when we come face to face with our own insufficiencies and can also find through them that God is sufficient.

Rather than boasting about some apparent strengths, I would rather boast in my glaring weaknesses, knowing that through those Christ dwelling in me becomes most apparent. As He teaches and remakes me, He continues to shine through me all the more. I am reminded of the passage earlier in chapter four of II Corinthians. Paul talks about the treasure of Jesus Christ that we keep in our simple “earthen vessels.” Showing that the power must be of God and not of us.

At the cross, Christ’s physical weakness reached an incomprehensible nadir, yet there His strength as God overpowered the moment. At that moment he accomplished something despite the weakness of the flesh. His mercy, love, faithfulness, and compassion conquered for eternity.

I pray that this week Christ’s strength would continue to shine through my fleshly weaknesses, that each day I would find my grounding in His sufficient grace. I seek to boast in my weakness, difficulty, and insults that His strength may forever shine through my ‘cracks.’


And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

~II Corinthians 12:9, 10~

Comments

Popular Posts