Kitchen tip -- making and storing ground flax



One healthy area we have made significant improvements in in our household is in the consumption of ground flax seed. I buy organic whole flax seed in 5 pound bags and store it in my freezer. Each week, or more often if necessary, I take out my wonderful coffee grinder, which has never seen a coffee bean in its life. . .


I set my coffee grinder on the finest grind and let it do its work.

In a few short minutes I have a couple cups of freshly ground flax seed. I also store this in my freezer so I can pull it out as needed throughout the week while it retains the most nutrients possible.

I use this in smoothies, baked goods, salad dressings, oatmeal, and anything else that I can think of.

For part two of this post, on how I use the ground flax seed in baked goods, check that out here.

If you are interested in some more kitchen tips, head over to Tammy's blog.


Comments

Anonymous said…
I do this too!
And I store it in the fridge and sneak it into everything! Including meatloaf, lol.

It's a blessing to know I am not the only one working with the lovely flax!

Flax is a great way to get extra fiber in for my family-- thanks for posting!

-Donna-

Popular Posts