Verse of the week -- Revelation 2:2

When I attend church on Sunday I try to come with an attitude of giving and servant hood. But, sometime I arrive seeking encouragement and comfort. Other times God meets me where I sit and overwhelms me with His love regardless of my state of mind as I entered His sanctuary.


A verse from the sermon this past week has clung to me, and strengthened my at times weak hands. Revelation 2:2 says, "I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false."


As soon as the pastor read those words, God tumbled me gently through them, washing away my discouragement and self-disappointment. As moms we work so hard without an audience to recognize our labors. Oh wait. We do have an audience. God watches each day, each moment and sees all that we pour out of ourselves. He knows when we struggle, He knows when we give every drop we have to our families. He knows when we disappoint our harshest critic -- ourselves.


God sees. He knows my works. He knows how patiently I toil through the daily life of a homeschool mom. He sees my tenacity for truth in my household, my impatience with evil.

And, of course, He sees my imperfections, and knowing them from before the foundation of the world made a plan to save me.


I pray that you find comfort in these verses as well. God sees all that you do each day. He sees your labors and your unwavering work in the home. Keep it up, because if God acknowledges it, nothing else much matters.


I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance,
and how you cannot bear with those who are evil,
but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not,
and found them to be false.

~Revelation 2:2~

Comments

Popular Posts