Verse of the week -- Isaiah 42:13

How would you define real?

What is "reality"?

Clearly, "reality" TV strays pretty far from real.

Sometimes I get so blinded by the physical world, that I forget about the true reality. Can anything be more real than God?

Yet, how truly real is God in your life? God is again sharpening my vision. My nearsightedness often ignores the real battle, the real world, going on each day around me.


The intense combat between the eternal, holy God and the vile, evil Satan. He prowls about, waiting for me to stumble. I must remember that, "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ" (2 Cor. 10:3-5)

As He often does, God has whispered this topic throughout church services, small group studies, family read alouds, and personal quiet times.

Some excerpts from Tozer:
- To most people God is an inference, not a reality

- He remains personally unknown to the individual

- To many others, God is but an ideal

- What do I mean by reality? I meant hat which has existence apart from any idea any mind may have of it

- God is real in the absolute and final sense that nothing else is.

- All other reality is contingent upon His.

It is as nonsensical to say God does not exist as to say my house does not exist. He is my foundation, my filter to the world, my shelter from the storms, the stronghold of my family.


And, also real is the opposing side. Spiritual war takes place all around me, my children, my family, my friends. This reality drives me constantly to pray, and increasingly so. Praying for protection and growth, and a focus on what is truly real.

Scripture reminds us often of this battle. Isaiah 42:13 says,"The LORD will go forth like a warrior, He will arouse His zeal like a man of war. He will utter a shout, yes, He will raise a war cry. He will prevail against His enemies."

We know the final score, too. But, in the meantime, I fight on my knees to do my part and help to prevent unnecessary fatalities.

The LORD will go forth like a warrior,
He will arouse His zeal like a man of war.
He will utter a shout, yes, He will raise a war cry.
He will prevail against His enemies.
~Isaiah 42:13~

Comments

Popular Posts