Verse of the week -- I Peter 5:8

What lies has the Father of Lies used to bring you down?

- Other people could manage my schedule better than I do
- If I were just a better parent I would have perfect kids
- I'm the only one facing these struggles
- If I'm walking in obedience things should be easier

We all have our own areas of discouragement, and truth does not usually lay the foundation for these. I was encouraged by a post on The Heart of the Matter that presented a devotional based on a chapter of a book entitled Lies Homeschooling Moms Believe (You can read the whole post here). While we often compare and find ourselves lacking, Satan uses this avenue to keep us from the truth and the freedom we can find in Jesus Christ.

Many lies have knocked on my door recently and I find myself too often inviting them in for an extended visit. I Peter 5:8 reminds us, "Be on the alert, your adversary, the devil, prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."

I need to recognize these lies for what they are, a work of the devil, and remain on the alert to avoid them. When he succeeds in pulling down a Christian mom, he knows much of the household will follow. Sometimes I just want to give in, to wallow in self pity. Giving up takes much less effort than staying vigilant and regaining that lost ground. For all God has done for me, and for the sake of my husband and the five precious blessings He entrusted to us, I must stand my ground. Grounded in, built on, and standing firm in the truth.

Be on the alert,
your adversary, the devil,
prowls about like a roaring lion,
seeking someone to devour.


~I Peter 5:8~

Comments

Popular Posts