Wednesday Worship


Woke up in the night thinking about God's awesome love for me.

38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39 ESV)

These verses in particular. I think usually, I see myself as my greatest enemy. Maybe nothing else can take me away from God's love, but my own eyes ignore its reality. My own choices deny the power of His love on my life and heart. 

And still, He loves. Despite my misguided thinking. God's Word proves that my choices, my shortsightedness, my fallenness, my self, cannot pry away His love for me.

I can never be so good as to earn His love, or so sinful that He would turn me away. 

I can never worship Him more than He deserves, or too little that His worth would diminish. 

His love envelopes me across the pinnacles that life soars to and enfolds me through the darkest valleys. 

No angel can make my salvation by His love more secure, and no ruler can every drive a wedge between my Savior's love and me. 

Moments of profound worship don't strengthen His love for me, and memories of past failings don't weaken it. 

God is complete. Enough. Everything. Nothing I do chips away at or adds to His being in any way. 

And still, He loves. Me.


Comments

Popular Posts