Wednesday Worship



Every bit of everything is a testimony to God's love.

I cannot help but breathe worship to Him.

You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    you have loosed my sackcloth
    and clothed me with gladness,
12 that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.
    O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever! (Psalm 30:11,12, ESV)

My inclination is toward independence. Self-reliance. Pity parties. Pride. 

My call is to testify of His goodness, love, and mercy. 

I cannot ever mistake blessing as a deserved outcome. David fell into this as well. He struggled, cried out, and God answered. Rescued, restored, empowered, David stood strong and the temptation to credit himself with this accomplishment came roaring into his heart and mind. 

The temptation calls, to rely on statistics, jobs, income, people, location, government, doctors, self, family, possessions, savings, budgets, health, youth, strength, and every other temporal support. 

Where did each of those come from? Only God could have orchestrated the existence of each of those in our current circumstance. So, with David, I cry out again, in my gladness or mourning, during dancing or a dirge. No matter what, I testify that He has done everything for me. 

I can't keep silent. Can't usurp His glory. 

Lord God, You have been so good. So giving, protecting, and generous. Continue to protect and provide as the world runs in turmoil and fear. May all we have be enough, with You. Don't ever let my eyes go blind to Your work. Don't let my heart tolerate pride or reliance on self. Don't let me be silent about Your goodness out of fear, selfishness, or isolation. May every heartbeat pulse for You. In Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts