Prayer challenge

Setting my mind on Him:


(Love this song. It somehow became my go-to song at bedtime for my boys. A sweet, sweet reminder and challenge rolled into one)

Pray through Scripture:
  • Psalm 42
  • Romans 8:18-39
  • Revelation 21

Confession:
  • Self-sufficiency. If I'm not careful I slip into auto-pilot and just go through life out of habit.

Heart of Gratitude:

  • Psalm 9:1


Prayer Burdens:

  • My consistency in pursuing my relationship with God. 
  • My husband's relationship with our kids, that it would always grow closer
  • Kids' salvation - that God would truly grip their hearts as Lord and Savior
  • Outreach to neighborhood - partners in hosting a backyard Bible club


Response:

Sometimes I need that self-pep talk, "Hey, what are you complaining about? Where's your hope focused right now? Just hoping tomorrow is better? Look to the real hope -- God!" Hope is such a beautiful thing. But, there would be no reason for hope if we did not live in such a desperate world. The sinfulness, the curse, gave us a need for hope. And, God didn't miss a beat. he had provision planned before there was even a need.

So now I hope. Hope in Him. I can't fully understand what I'm hoping for, otherwise it would not be hope. Thankful for the glimpse of glory that keeps me on track. Thankful for the promises throughout Scripture that provide what I need to hear when I need to hear it.

Dear Lord, help me to keep hoping. Actively hoping. Patiently hoping. Gratefully hoping. Thank you for your Word, your Love, your faithfulness, your promises. I crave continued closeness with You and daily reset my thinking to follow Your way not my own. ~Amen

Comments

Popular Posts