Prayer Challenge - God's presence

Setting my mind on him:


Pray through Scripture:
  • Psalm 91
  • Romans 8 (I think I could pray through this chapter weekly) 
  • Hebrews 4

Confession:
  • Complacency - may the fires of hell always fan the flame of urgency in sharing the gospel

Heart of Gratitude:

  • Psalm 118:1-18
 
Prayer burdens:
  • For me to have wisdom and direction - peace about major decisions
  • Husband's opportunities to use his spiritual gifts
  • Kids to be in this world and not of it (pray through John 17 - I do this once a month)

Response:

God protects, even when I am blind to the dangers.  He is the rock that I need when I don't even know why my knees are shaking or my mind seems numb. He holds me regardless of what comes at me. I always focused on the negative things on the list at the end of Romans 8, but lately I've been equally drawn to the other side of the list - life, angels, things present, height, etc. Sometimes the known is scarier than the unknown, the certain present than the possible future.

Lord, thank you for being that constant. More constant than the family's laundry pile that relentlessly taunts. You are all I need. More than that 2 minutes of quiet that I think I need before kids get out of bed. You are my defender. More than any person that I look to in my weakness and forgetfulness. Nothing can separate me from you. Even my own doubt. Even my own fear. Nothing. Thank you, Lord, for walking alongside through every little bit of life. ~Amen


Comments

Popular Posts