Prayer Challenge - Forgiven!!!

Setting my mind on Him: 
 
Pray through Scripture:
  • Ephesians 4:32
  • Psalm 32
  • I John 1

Confession:
  • Legalism - how often I still judge outward actions of others, and myself. Holding believers to some invisible standard instead of extending grace.

Heart of Gratitude:

  • 2 Corinthians 9:15
 

Prayer burdens:
  • My nutrition - making wise food choices
  • Husband's patience - with kids, with himself
  • Kids' honesty - that God would allow them to be caught in any dishonesty and they would learn more and more to speak, live, and love the truth
  • Outreach - specific plans for this summer (dates, volunteers, locations, curriculum, etc.)

Response: 
A couple weeks ago we had a powerful service at our church that flowed a little differently than a typical service. In the week leading up to it we had been challenged to examine ourselves and ask God to reveal lingering sin habits. Using the second page of this document I prayerfully sought God's conviction for me personally. 

Then for 24 hours we fasted and prayed. Surrender, repentance, mourning over my sin, and then time to lay it at the cross. For some reason it was hard to let go of that scrap of paper. This was my list. The things I had to work on. The areas I needed to overcome. The sins that still trapped me.

Then a renewed knowledge settled in. I am forgiven. Not just that I was forgiven and saved, but that God continues to forgive me. I don't need to hang on to those sins. I confess them, and let them go.

He forgives. Again and again.

Lord, thank you for this fresh wave of forgiveness. Thank you for dying for each of my sins, even the ones I continue to commit. Help me to forgive others with that same grace and mercy. Thank you for keeping your promises, for your never ending justice, for your eternal atonement even when old sins resurface. I lay them down again and rejoice that I am forgiven! In Jesus Name ~Amen

Comments

Popular Posts