Verse of the Week -- Colossians 1:17


Christ is my glue. Holding together the cracked vessel of my life.

This weekend our pastor reminded us that we are God's chosen instrument. We could all fittingly carry a sign over our heads saying so. Not because we deserve it or have done some amazingly worthy act, but because of who He is and what He has chosen us to be.

God used those words to describe Saul, a murdering, passionate anti-Christian that walked as far away from God's way as possible. Yet God had other plans.

I cannot look at any accomplishment as my own. Colossians 1:17 says, "And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

He holds together my family.

He keeps my day from falling to pieces.

He has glued together the cracked chips of my past.

He holds together my future.

He is the secret to the cohesiveness of my marriage.

He holds it all in His hands.

And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
~Colossians 1:17~

Comments

Popular Posts