My journey begins.
Don’t remember exactly when I came across it. Probably first at Courtney’s blog, then I perused Ann’s blog, then a friend mentioned the book, then I won it in a giveaway from the House upon the Rock.
I started to read the book with my kids, but realized it dealt with topics too serious for their innocent ears. We left out major portions, but still captured the message – a need for gratitude if we wish to live fully.
The new awareness of life around me is soul stirring. Like getting a new pair of glasses, the world seems so much more defined than I ever realized. Each day jam packed with gifts from God that used to just blur into the background.
I have much to learn as God grows greater gratitude in my life and heart, but for now I begin to learn on the job . . .
1. Shared mugs of cocoa
2. Bedtime snuggles
3. Quiet moments to sort out my thoughts at the end of the day
4. A full glass of refreshing water close at hand
5. Droopy eyelids on a nursing toddler
6. Days that stretch every parenting muscle till it aches
7. Resolution, character growth however small in these precious children
8. Friendships, true friendships, homegrown
9. Connecting with my own siblings over thousands of miles
10. Cookie dough fingers
Read more lists of 1000 gifts, beginnings and continuations, and start your own.