Verse of the week -- Romans 8:38,39


Nothing, nothing . . . absolutely nothing!

As I sat in church taking a break from the rush of life, God dropped a verse in my lap that I had read and memorized often. But, as the Word of God is alive, this verse had sprouted new leaves and prompted fresh thoughts.

Roman 8:38,39 says, "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

I had always looked at the big things in this verse. God is stronger than evil, Satan, rulers, extremes, adversity, etc. Nothing, no matter how huge can separate us from His love.

That's great, and I have clung to that promise in the face of trials before. Right now, though, my struggle is just with life. Plain old living. No death or tragedy. No monster in my dreams or waking hours.

As I pondered these words again, I found my situation there -- LIFE. Yes, life is the opposite extreme of death, but it is also where I am right now. And, where God's love continues to hold me.

God's love will penetrate the daily push of life's challenges, even the little ones that pile up.

Nothing can separate me from Him and His love -- even life.

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

~Romans 8:38,39~

Comments

Tracey said…
Thanks for sharing this!

Popular Posts